[MOD 0.12.x] Treefarm REDUX (DISCONTINUED)

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.8] Treefarm v1.0.4

Post by drs9999 »

I have to admit that there is no "compressed" information, yet. You can try to use the search function, but I understand and agree that this is not a good solution. I will publish a more detailed how-to with the next mod-version which will be released with factorio 0.10.

But for the moment:
You have to supply the fields with germlings. Use smart inserters and the circuit network to avoid that germlings block the whole inventory space. To extract only the wood use filters.

Dofolo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dofolo »

Germlings ...

I know about gremlins ;) and how to replant the resin trees or bean trees from f-mod / dytech, but haven't seen germlins yet ... is is a researched tech?

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

At the moment the only supported seeds are the tree-germlings and the seeds that are introduced via the mod-addons that can be found in this sub-forum. That means no support for f-mod/ dytech trees. The possibilities are there, but I am currently not planning to add them by myself.

Dofolo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dofolo »

That makes sense :) but how do i get the germlings from the tree farm mod then ?

Dofolo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dofolo »

Dofolo wrote:That makes sense :) but how do i get the germlings from the tree farm mod then ?
Nevermind that one, I'm a retard :) (and maybe their artwork could be a bit more obvious in the menu :))

Killili
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Killili »

Hi,

i looks like its not possible to craft a hydroculture in a factory, because i cant insert 100 germlings. Only 32 ( 1 stack? ) is allowed in the factorie slot.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Hm intresting. I had never tried that, because I did not saw the need to automate it.

That can be considered as fixed. ( Actually I did not fixed it, but replaced the hydroculture with somethingelse where this bug does not appears ;) )

Killili
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Killili »

My goal is to have everything templated and build by drones because if i have to craft something by hand it fells wrong ;)

I fixed it by making Germlings stackable to 128, changing the recipie did not not work for some odd reason. So this is what my template for a 100% autocrafted Hydro-Farm looks like now.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (93.32 KiB) Viewed 5332 times
And there is another bug but i dont know if its related to youre mod, if you place the hydroculture with a blueprint it has no recipie assigned.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

i don't like the green pylon for mk2-field, so i changed it ... maybe not realy better but easier to see if needed, and i can't decide which is best view ^^ (looks very futuristic)

the silver spot in middle acts as connector to flying robots - in my imagination - antennas overview the field

*edit - i forget the params
width=70, height=170, shift = {-0.1, -1.15} (shift need maybe some tweaks)

ImageImageImage

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

Killili wrote:I fixed it by making Germlings stackable to 128, changing the recipie did not not work for some odd reason.
The "odd" reasonb for this is that you have to reload the recipes if you want to aplly them on savegames. You can enter the following in to the console to reload them:

Code: Select all

game.player.force.resetrecipes()
YuokiTani wrote:i don't like the green pylon for mk2-field, so i changed it ... maybe not realy better but easier to see if needed, and i can't decide which is best view ^^ (looks very futuristic)
As always: GREAT!!!

I still having issues with the construction robots in connection with the farm. I implemented a workaround, but it is still shabby... Anyway at least it looks much cooler now :D

I am still optimistic to release the new version today (together with 0.10)

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

drs9999 wrote:As always: GREAT!!!
Thank You,

the maybe last thing todo the cokery ;)

i have it here, but was very tricky to get a proper result - the hardest part make animation in-game work ^^
i removed the idle-animation and fire (sorry), and use working visualisation only. but i set everythere i can animation_speed = 0.1 (in wokring visualisation twice) - maybe 0.15 work better
width=100, height=160, frame_count=28, line_length=14, shift 0,0

i can rework this, if you have a special wish for it.

idle (it's frame 1)

animated (the red dot works as cycle-counter ;) )

got no picture where both work (heat & cool) ...

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.0] Treefarm v1.1.0

Post by drs9999 »

In short:
treefarm v1.1.1 is out!

I could now start to write everything down that was changed/ removed etc. , but I am lazy ;)
Instead I highly recommend to download the example map I created that presented (nearly) all stuff in action.

Also I want to thank YuokiTani for the awesome new graphics. So thanks!

@YuokiTani
Sorry the cokery contribution was a bit too late. There is also an issue with it, because in V1.1.1 the cokery has an fluid-ouput. This output can be left or right. Maybe you have an idea how to integrate it into your sprite, because it ( and I repeat myself) again looks awesome and it would be a shame not use it.

Last but not least: Enjoy!

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

drs9999 wrote: @YuokiTani
Sorry the cokery contribution was a bit too late. There is also an issue with it, because in V1.1.1 the cokery has an fluid-ouput. This output can be left or right. Maybe you have an idea how to integrate it into your sprite, because it ( and I repeat myself) again looks awesome and it would be a shame not use it.
yop, i will rework it - it's best chance to get this nearly perfect - i still missing some detail ;) (such as ground-floor-shadow)

RPGtrainer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by RPGtrainer »

I just downloaded your mod and the first thing I did was build tree farms and they seem to work just fine , but I did notice that when a nonplacable area was selected that it did not change color or give an indicator beside that of after I already clicked its nothing major but should be considered

Colombo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colombo »

Still no solution to pre-circuit logic automated tree-farm factory?:( It would suit greatly to those new awasome auto-feeded burner-inserters:(

theit8514
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theit8514 »

Looking at the new cargo-wagon code, it does not appear they added the ability to set inventories to filtered.

If that was the case, you could theoretically set one slot to germlings and two slots to wood and when items were inserted they would go to those specific slots.

Colombo
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Colombo »

But you couldn't pull out wood without pulling out the gremlins. Or Germlings

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I hate that if something is so obvious that you do not notice it. I will upload a new version soon that makes all the circuit-stuff for the field obsolete.
For now on the field is a furnace-entity-type :D

Killili
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Killili »

If i migrate a save from "v0.9.8 with Treefarm 1.0.4" to "v0.10 with Treefarm 1.1.0" it works just fine but the Biolab does not get activated because it was in a tech i already had.

Fixed it like so:

Code: Select all

game.player.force.recipes["biolab"].enabled=true
And i dont get the new Bioreactor:
+ it a lot smaller then a Hydroculture
- its self sustaind so no need for the big fertelizer production chain once its running for the first time
- it has a very low output, i need 80 units to get enough biomass for one cellulose plant running and i need 20 of them to get a plastic plant running so i need 1600 bioreactors !?
- the connectors should be placed a bit different to get something like a pyramid build because every plant doubles the input, it would be a clean build

I made my own flavor of the biomass recipis (input and output *100) so i need 16 bioreactors to sustain a plasic production line i think thats still fair.

thx for the recipie reloading command though ;)

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.0] Treefarm v1.1.2

Post by drs9999 »

So updated the mod again.
Again I recommend the (also updated) example-map to see the changes

@Killili
Everything you said is correct, but also intended

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”