[MOD 0.12.2+] Evolution | Alien Manipulation

Topics and discussion about specific mods
darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.12.2+] Evolution | Alien Manipulation

Post by darkshadow1809 »

[Edited by Koub] : This mod is currently not working. It's broken by 0.12.11 update.

Hello there,

This is a mod that has something a lot different in store then any other mod has to offer!

After making my modpack. I felt like there was a missing mod. Something to convert alien biters to your own hand. Research how and what they are internally what they are made up off.. then eventually setting them to your own hand! Well here it is! After a few days of head-aching the mod is finally complete! (Complete is a big word to use :P)

Screenshot_1.png
Screenshot_1.png (2.77 MiB) Viewed 42205 times

This is where it all begins! Your basic resource.. The aliens hives have died out and dried out! making artifacts for you to use to study them!

mYWYICp.png
mYWYICp.png (935.18 KiB) Viewed 42205 times

Oh yes! look at those worms! YOU can research those for your disposal and as you can see they WILL attack enemy biters and defend your base if neccesary! They also regen health if damaged! Handy right?

Screenshot_2.png
Screenshot_2.png (2.31 MiB) Viewed 42205 times
Yes thats right! They DONT attack your base! You can tame them! Even make a hive of their own to live and breed in! If your base gets attacked they will defend! If they have to much of their own and they can smell enemies they will attack their hives and launch an attack against them!

Screenshot_3.png
Screenshot_3.png (2.1 MiB) Viewed 42205 times

Handy biters in a capsule! call them up when needed and deploy a mass of them near biter bases to get rid of them fast and provide you with cover! or maybe when under heavy assault?... Its up to you!

Screenshot_4.png
Screenshot_4.png (1.61 MiB) Viewed 42205 times

Ohh yeah! YOU can control your OWN HIVE they will follow you around if you research it. And they will guard attack and basicly are your own personal bodyguards! You can also dismiss them again if wanted! Just convert your hive-controller to off!

Multiplayer supported!

These are some of the things you can do with Evolution! its for you to explore what you can do more :)

Ofcourse i have more planned in the future if a lot of people like this kind of mod:

Mod support! This means you can create a hazard of different biters & spawners!

Hardcorio support: So watch for those SC2 Bugs soon being a selection to research!

Dytech support: Oh yeah! queen sized and KING sized bugs to YOUR disposal aswell!

I have a different set of biters in the making for you. Mechanical biters! These furious things will oblitered ANYTHING in their path! And are made in robotic facilities! These are expensive but IMMENSELY strong :D So look forward to that guys! A whole new strain of biters with their own graphics!

Pollution to feed your own biters to make them GROW! And make them stronger.

Download EVO 2.0.0
Evolution_2.0.2.zip
(594.82 KiB) Downloaded 1900 times

Major thanks too L0771 & Fishsandwich to helping me with the mod & letting me use some of their code :) !

[Edited by Koub] : This mod is currently not working. It's broken by 0.12.11 update.
Last edited by Koub on Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:33 am, edited 16 times in total.
Reason: Added info about the mod being obsolete
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.11.22] Evolution | Alien Manipulation

Post by FishSandwich »

Hey, great looking mod, can you provide a mirror for the download? I keep getting this error. :(
Dropbox wrote:Error (429)
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

Foxy_Boxes
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Foxy_Boxes »

Do the friendly hives still absorb pollution?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

FishSandwich wrote:Hey, great looking mod, can you provide a mirror for the download? I keep getting this error. :(
This account's public links are generating too much traffic and have been temporarily disabled!

LOL

100,000 downloads per day.....

Seems i went over it? And now its banned? ... Weird ill try mediafire as an additional mirror hold up!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:Hey, great looking mod, can you provide a mirror for the download? I keep getting this error. :(
Weird ill try mediafire as an additional mirror hold up!
Nice one! I got it. I plan to spotlight this at some point(probably tomorrow), and might do a "no turrets+no walls" challenge series with it.

Edit: btw, I had to extract it to get it to work, as it seems to crash Factorio at startup if I leave it zipped in the mod folder. Maybe a warning in OP would be a good idea. ;)

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

FishSandwich wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:
Weird ill try mediafire as an additional mirror hold up!
Nice one! I got it. I plan to spotlight this at some point(probably tomorrow), and might do a "no turrets+no walls" challenge series with it.

Edit: btw, I had to extract it to get it to work, as it seems to crash Factorio at startup if I leave it zipped in the mod folder. Maybe a warning in OP would be a good idea. ;)
Ah for fuck sakes... I tried fixing this. However theres no way possible. It worked for me though after renaming several PNG's ... So :/ I uploaded that version. No clue if it works now :P Ill reupload a working one if i can figure what the issue is. Since it seems to be totally random

EDIT: ZIP fixed :) Feel free to try :D
Last edited by darkshadow1809 on Mon May 04, 2015 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Oh yeah, I saw that bug report, didn't realise it pertained to this mod. :P

Also, it looks like you missed some of the locales(not complaining, just pointing it out ;))

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

FishSandwich wrote:Oh yeah, I saw that bug report, didn't realise it pertained to this mod. :P

Also, it looks like you missed some of the locales(not complaining, just pointing it out ;))
Ah right :P Please list them for me if possible! Quite busy currently :P I will fix later this evening :)

Also fixed zip :)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

darkshadow1809 wrote:
FishSandwich wrote:Oh yeah, I saw that bug report, didn't realise it pertained to this mod. :P

Ah right :P Please list them for me if possible! Quite busy currently :P I will fix later this evening :)

Ah right, I actually already fixed it on my side, want me to send you the edited locale file?

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

FishSandwich wrote:
darkshadow1809 wrote:

Ah right, I actually already fixed it on my side, want me to send you the edited locale file?
Sure man that be great! Ill upload it right away then. Also thanks for doing a mod spotlight on this :) !

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Sure man that be great! Ill upload it right away then.
PM'd you with the file. I'll test the zip when you update it again. ;)
darkshadow1809 wrote:Also thanks for doing a mod spotlight on this !
No worries, I really like this mod. :D

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Klonan »

Hey looking through the mod I can see that its like 80% a straight rip from the PvP mod, I'm not saying this is a problem or anything, I just think you should acknowledge it and credit some of the great people who worked on the PvP mod.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Klonan wrote:Hey looking through the mod I can see that its like 80% a straight rip from the PvP mod, I'm not saying this is a problem or anything, I just think you should acknowledge it and credit some of the great people who worked on the PvP mod.

I did send a message to fish :P Although i reworked a part of it myself. But, Credits added :)

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I believe I found a couple minor issues. ;)

1. The Alien Tech Lab needs Alien Fragments to build, but you need an Alien Tech Lab to research Alien Fragments.
2. All researches require Alien Bioconstruct, but there is no slot in the Alien Tech Lab for them.

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

FishSandwich wrote:I believe I found a couple minor issues. ;)

1. The Alien Tech Lab needs Alien Fragments to build, but you need an Alien Tech Lab to research Alien Fragments.
2. All researches require Alien Bioconstruct, but there is no slot in the Alien Tech Lab for them.

Very weird.. Thought i changed this. Damn always a mistake you oversee :P Fixing now.

Fixed issue 1.

Issue 2.?

function alien_research(count, one, two, three, four, time)
local ing = {}
if one > 0 then
ing[#ing + 1] = {"alien-bioconstruct", one}
end
if two > 0 then
ing[#ing + 1] = {"alien-fragments", two}

Seems its present.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

That's weird, the slot is coming up as Alien Artifacts..
Untitled.png

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

FishSandwich wrote:That's weird, the slot is coming up as Alien Artifacts..
Untitled.png
very very weird... Lets see :/ Nothings wrong in data.lua nor in my technology nor the alien-tech-lab.lua itself... Weirdness o.o!?

EDIT: also uploaded the rar instead of a zip my bad:P

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Found it,

alien-tech-lab.lua:
inputs =
{
"alien-artifacts",
"alien-fragments",
"endo-skeleton",
"exo-skeleton"
},

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

FishSandwich wrote:Found it,

alien-tech-lab.lua:
inputs =
{
"alien-artifacts",
"alien-fragments",
"endo-skeleton",
"exo-skeleton"
},
Haha found it at the same time :P Fixed and uploading an improved version now.

Sorry for the mistakes here and there :P I really seem to missed out on some important stuff. :) Guess its best releasing it to the public haha ;) Seems some errors indeed turn up!

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Haha no worries, can't expect perfection every time. :P And I don't mind testing this and helping squash bugs, because I want to see it working perfectly for the spotlight. ;)

I have some questions/suggestions for you;

Do you plan to add other biter-type items? For example, an organic wall, an organic weapon with organic ammo(like the spitter)?

Return to “Mods”