Topics and discussion about specific mods
matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.12.X] Equivalent Exchange

Post by matjojo »

Type: Mod
Name: Equivalent exchange
Description: Adds Energy Matter Currency. the very essence of everything in existence.
License: http://choosealicense.com/licenses/mit/
Version: 1.0.0
Release: 2015-08-11
Tested-With-Factorio-Version: 0.11.22(0.0.1 only) & 0.12.X
Category: Other/vanilla+
Tags: Mid-game, game changing, new concept.
Download-Url: https://github.com/matjojo/Equivalent-Exchange/releases
Download-count : www.somsubhra.com/github-release-stats
Bugs: https://github.com/matjojo/Equivalent-Exchange/issues -- how to report bugs (for github users (preferred))
Bugs: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 25&t=15285 -- how to report bugs (for non github users(not preferred))
Wiki: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... t_Exchange

15/09/2015
This week I talked about ended up being almost two weeks as school took up some more time than planned and for some reason I couldn't help myself but to play Life Is Strange, Episode 4 ending still made me cry:) Today marks the release of version 1.0.1 and behind the scenes I have started to work on a version / mod that will live next to EE1 for a while called (behold amazing creativity:) EE2, It should have it's one GUI when released, this might take a while though. Please have fun playing and if you want leave some feedback! (-_-)/

05/09/2015
After a bit of radio silence from me I need to express two different feelings, Lets start with the happy one: Equivalent exchange 1.0.0 just hit 101 downloads, (whilst writing it went up to 107!) I am very happy to see this Milestone and thank all the users who are currently Enjoying(?) their hard earned time playing with EE1, as always, suggestions are always welcome. Now for the less happy or rather very sad news: I just lost some files containing most of the edits I made over the past week, they just disappeared, turns out this was a problem with my backup system, it was bound to happen. This will set me back almost a week in finalizing version 1.0.1. I'm sorry!
License
Long description
Pictures
Version history-changelog
Archive
To do
Old info posts
Last edited by matjojo on Tue Sep 15, 2015 7:05 pm, edited 31 times in total.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.3] Equivalent Exchange

Post by Airat9000 »

:D screen

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

Airat9000 wrote::D screen
should be up right now.

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

I just added the wiki page, link is in the post

HellEye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by HellEye »

I'm looking forward to this, EE for MC was awesome, my favorite mod i think. Just don't make it too overpowered :) If i knew anything about modding I'd love to help since it might grow big but unfortunately i don't... I'll drop ideas once in a while though. Good luck for now :)

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

HellEye wrote:I'm looking forward to this, EE for MC was awesome, my favorite mod i think. Just don't make it too overpowered :) If i knew anything about modding I'd love to help since it might grow big but unfortunately i don't... I'll drop ideas once in a while though. Good luck for now :)

Thanks, great new that you're just as happy as i am to see it. I think indeed the biggest problem will be checking back on emc values based on the recipes:P

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

New version is up, v0.1.2 gives more usability to the energy condenser and makes a new item category reality.

Download and changelog can be found in the first post!

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

New version is up, 1.0.0 adds fluid recipes and some bug fixes.

Download and changelog can be found in the first post!

darkshadow1809
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by darkshadow1809 »

Once this turns out as a complete mod I will definitely add it to the modpack! Reason I am not doing this right now. Is because

A. no mod support (yet)
B. should have its own category :) Not under normal vanilla category's especially not in modpacks :P !
C. own graphics ofc :) also on your todo list! Ask yuokitani if your not a good graphics designer. Hes a very very cool dude and does a lot of cool looking graphics. Just put it in the GFX request thread and he will most likely respond!
ShadowsModpackDevelopment

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

I have a problem with the mod I can get the conderser thing(the steel box with a smiley face but I cant place/interact with it

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

matchbox99 wrote:I have a problem with the mod I can get the condenser thing(the steel box with a smiley face but I cant place/interact with it

what other mods did you use. What version of the mod did you use. what were the things you did before achieving this problem?

how to report bugs

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

darkshadow1809 wrote:Once this turns out as a complete mod I will definitely add it to the modpack! Reason I am not doing this right now. Is because

A. no mod support (yet)
B. should have its own category :) Not under normal vanilla category's especially not in modpacks :P !
C. own graphics ofc :) also on your todo list! Ask yuokitani if your not a good graphics designer. Hes a very very cool dude and does a lot of cool looking graphics. Just put it in the GFX request thread and he will most likely respond!
Well, I'm very proud to hear that you are interested in Equivalent Exchange, Here is my answer for your questions and reactions!

A. Mod support is coming in version 2.0.0 this will be a seperate mod which does the same. But in a more raffinated way, completely going around the current recipe way of crafting. It will feature a UI that should show a progress bar to see how much EMC you will need to add until you have added enough to "make" the item.
B. The new category (one for creating EMC and one for making items from EMC) is indeed something I'm working on. you'll probably see it in the next EE1 update.
C. I'll have the thread up in about a day or so. Just working on some school things and work.

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

matjojo wrote:
matchbox99 wrote:I have a problem with the mod I can get the condenser thing(the steel box with a smiley face but I cant place/interact with it

what other mods did you use. What version of the mod did you use. what were the things you did before achieving this problem?

how to report bugs
{
"mods": [
{
"name": "base",
"enabled": "true"
},
{
"name": "AdvancedEquipment",
},
{
"name": "Aircraft",
},
{
"name": "Dytech_Corpse_Collector",
},
{
"name": "Equivalent-Exchange",
},
{
"name": "Expanded_Robot_Tech",
},
{
"name": "Q2Weapons",
},
{
"name": "RAGE-Ore-Processing",
},
{
"name": "RoadWorks",
},
{
"name": "SupremeWarfare",
},
{
"name": "Treefarm-AC",
},
{
"name": "Treefarm-Lite",
},
{
"name": "UnlimitedUpgrades",
"enabled": "false"
},
{
"name": "color-coding",
"enabled": "false"
},
{
"name": "endless-resources",
},
{
"name": "expanded_tools",
}
]
}
copied from my mod list
I was in a world that had all the research for the other mods but only had research for the very base item(it allowed the basic emc and the smiley box)
then I moved on to a test scenario world (I unlocked all research with a command and the attempted to place the box I did nothing else)

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

matchbox99 wrote:
matjojo wrote:

how to report bugs
snippet
I was in a world that had all the research for the other mods but only had research for the very base item(it allowed the basic emc and the smiley box)
then I moved on to a test scenario world (I unlocked all research with a command and the attempted to place the box I did nothing else)

so, I assume it also didn't work when you tried it in the test world?
Did you use the newest version (1.0.0) or older an older one?
What is the exact problem, is it that you can't open the energy condenser(smiley box ting:P) or can't you craft anything?
Is there a crafting category for EMC in the regular inventory or not?

matjojo

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

matjojo wrote:
matchbox99 wrote:
matjojo wrote:

how to report bugs
snippet

What is the exact problem, is it that you can't open the energy condenser(smiley box ting:P) or can't you craft anything?

matjojo
it was _1.0.0
I cant place the block down(I presume I need to place it down to interact with it in a similar fashion to a assembler)
yes there is a crafting category for emc and the normal inv screens have the emc crafted versions alongside the normal item (i.e the provider chest has a normal version and the version crafted with emc right next to each other)

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

matchbox99 wrote:
matjojo wrote:
matchbox99 wrote:
matjojo wrote:

how to report bugs
snippet

matjojo
it was _1.0.0
I cant place the block down(I presume I need to place it down to interact with it in a similar fashion to a assembler)
yes there is a crafting category for emc and the normal inv screens have the emc crafted versions alongside the normal item (i.e the provider chest has a normal version and the version crafted with emc right next to each other)

for now there will be a fix out first thing in the morning, its currently really late. but tomorrow I'll fix it before school

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

thanks I didn't expect help this fast

matjojo
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by matjojo »

matchbox99 wrote:thanks I didn't expect help this fast

Looks like it wasn't so easy to fix, could you send me a folder(zip or rar) with ALL you MODS and your SAVEGAME.?(and your factorio version)
also could you provide me with the spot you placed it?

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

matjojo wrote:
matchbox99 wrote:thanks I didn't expect help this fast

Looks like it wasn't so easy to fix, could you send me a folder(zip or rar) with ALL you MODS and your SAVEGAME.?(and your factorio version)
also could you provide me with the spot you placed it?
i couldn't place it anywhere in this world
INHISWOOORLDendoldresearchandinfiniteore.zip
(9.76 MiB) Downloaded 319 times

matchbox99
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by matchbox99 »

my mod list is 100+mb and the site cant load it apperantly

Return to “Mods”