Filter Inserter

[MOD 0.13.x] No Hand Crafting (0.13.0)

Post by y.petremann »

Latest Release: v0.12.2, Nov 22, 2015
Factorio Version: 0.12.x
Tags: Gameplay, Manufacturing
License: MIT License
Description
For bugs and suggestions please go here!
Last edited by y.petremann on Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:05 pm, edited 5 times in total.

qmax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] No Hand Crafting (0.12.2)

Post by qmax »

Hi,
does this work with bobs mod? Thanks.

Max

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

qmax wrote:Hi,
does this work with bobs mod? Thanks.

Max
It should works.
See main post for answer in more informations

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Works great and is a real challange ...
Thanks for make this mod!

EDIT:
Make the burner phase longer... and you will see how many things you crafting normal without thinking.
Now you must plan that all ... i love it!

MudRaker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.12.x] No Hand Crafting (0.12.2) - fix for 0.12.17

Post by MudRaker »

Brutal but I love it :-)
The mod is broken by the syntax changes in 0.12.17 but it is a simple change & I've attached a copy of the fixed control.lua for those who want to use it until the mod author gets around to fixing the proper zip version.

BTW For consistency sake, I would suggest that the burner assembler should not be able to craft things that the level 1 electric assembler can't (like splitters for example). Also the pollution produced by the burner assembler is way less than the pollution from the level 1 electric assembler which doesn't seem sensible ... although increasing it may make it hard to get started without being swarmed by biters.
Attachments
control.lua
(347 Bytes) Downloaded 327 times
Last edited by MudRaker on Tue Jan 05, 2016 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

qmax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qmax »

MudRaker wrote:Brutal but I love it :-)
The mod is broken by the syntax changes in 0.12.17 but it is a simple change & I've attached a copy of the fixed control.lua for those who want to use it until the mod author gets around to fixing the proper zip version.
I play with version 12.20 and it working. Do you have mod version 0.12.2?

MudRaker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MudRaker »

qmax wrote:I play with version 12.20 and it working. Do you have mod version 0.12.2?
I have the latest experimental version as at 2 days ago 0.12.19 Build 17459.
Lol. No, the version was still no-hand-crafting_0.12.1.zip when I got it a few days ago. Already fixed then.

qmax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qmax »

MudRaker wrote:
qmax wrote:I play with version 12.20 and it working. Do you have mod version 0.12.2?
I have the latest experimental version as at 2 days ago 0.12.19 Build 17459.
Lol. No, the version was still no-hand-crafting_0.12.1.zip when I got it a few days ago. Already fixed then.
Latest version is 0.12.20 and it is month old. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =3&t=18182
Yes, I had same problem, i download mod from http://www.factoriomods.com/mods/no-hand-crafting but there is old version of this mod, you need to download it from here.

btw i think Bobs mod is a bit easier with this mod:D

MudRaker
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MudRaker »

qmax wrote: Latest version is 0.12.20 and it is month old. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =3&t=18182
Yes, I had same problem, i download mod from http://www.factoriomods.com/mods/no-hand-crafting but there is old version of this mod, you need to download it from here.

btw i think Bobs mod is a bit easier with this mod:D
Yeah, I've learnt my lesson about using http://www.factoriomods.com :-(

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

Sorry for the problem with Factorio Mods, in fact, I've just discovered this problem but I don't want to throw old versions like that, do you think I should remove 0.12.1 ?

For compatibility issues, I would not remove recipes because if a recipe is modified, it make things impossible to do, the only thing I could do here is making it slower and using more energy.

qmax
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by qmax »

y.petremann wrote:Sorry for the problem with Factorio Mods, in fact, I've just discovered this problem but I don't want to throw old versions like that, do you think I should remove 0.12.1 ?

For compatibility issues, I would not remove recipes because if a recipe is modified, it make things impossible to do, the only thing I could do here is making it slower and using more energy.
I think you should keep all versions, just update it on Factorio Mods should be enough.

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

I found a little "Problem" in your mod.
The Oil refinery cant build with the Assembling machine 1 or 2 ... only with 3 or the burning Assembling machine.
Assembling machine 3 is too much ... 2 where better here.

I like the Mod :D

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

DOSorDIE wrote:I found a little "Problem" in your mod.
The Oil refinery cant build with the Assembling machine 1 or 2 ... only with 3 or the burning Assembling machine.
Assembling machine 3 is too much ... 2 where better here.

I like the Mod :D
I don't see exactly where's the problem, the burning Assembling machine can do it, Right ?
I don't modify recipes, only transfer hand crafting to the burning Assembling machine to make the challenge possible.
Please don't ask me to modify existing machine or existing recipes, I would only try to make the machines added by this mod compatible with recipes that can't be made by any other way.
Putting assembling machine 3 where it's needed is considered in that challenge, the fact that the burning Assembling machine need fuel is also considered as a way to force users to not use it because the burner assembling machine is a fix for the challenge to work.

Flux Faraday
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Flux Faraday »

I'm enjoying the heck out of this mod. Thank you for it!

AndaleTheGreat
Inserter
Inserter

Post by AndaleTheGreat »

Does anyone know if there's a middle ground to this idea? I'd like one that only eliminates large/complicated items that should be impossible by hand.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

AndaleTheGreat wrote:Does anyone know if there's a middle ground to this idea? I'd like one that only eliminates large/complicated items that should be impossible by hand.
That would be a different mod but would still be possible.

mattj256
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mattj256 »

This is a great mod!

I can't use an electric level-1 assembling machine to construct an electric level-1 assembling machine? Is that intentional? I was hoping that as soon as I got my electric network set up I would be able to stop using the burner assembler.

y.petremann
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by y.petremann »

mattj256 wrote:This is a great mod!

I can't use an electric level-1 assembling machine to construct an electric level-1 assembling machine? Is that intentional? I was hoping that as soon as I got my electric network set up I would be able to stop using the burner assembler.
It's not intentional that you can't make it, it's intentional that the burner assembler can, I don't want to modify capacity or recipe, also the burner assembleris made so you don't find it too powerful

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Yes I love this mod too.

Now I feel the pain by myself in producing all the stuff I need.
My Avatar did a marvelous job before :)

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Qon
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Qon »

Thank you for this mod. I modified it to allow handcrafting since my goal isn't the no-handcrafting challenge, but instead the no electricity challenge (or at least no electric networks). So I'm doing a burner base with only burner inserters, burner miners, burner lamps (Klonan's torch) and burner inserters. For this I've also installed Klonan's Burner Leech mod which makes burner inserters able to pull coal from burner units like the burner assemblers and stone furnaces so it's still automatable. Now I just need burner chem plants, labs and refineries and eventually a burner rocket silo...

Return to “Mods”