[Oxyd] [0.12.20] bullet weapons ignore vehicles

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
skintkingle
Inserter
Inserter

[Oxyd] [0.12.20] bullet weapons ignore vehicles

Post by skintkingle »

My friend was sad on our PVP map when machineguns shoot through tanks and damage the person directly.

Let me set the scene. We're playing with forces still, I go out and attack my friends factory, have a little nibble at his wall and turrets with my tank, he comes out with his tank, we have a little scrap and I run out of cannon shells so start driving off. Thought i'd use my machine gun because what the hell why not, I've got plenty of ammo. BOOM, my friend dies. Machineguns go through tanks?!?!

After he stopped raging we did some science and worked out what it was.

Regardless of vehicle and ammo type (we tested both regular and piercing rounds do this, and tested a tank and a car (not a train or carriage but I presume it'd do the same thing)) When pressing 'c' to force fire, it hits the vehicle. When pressing space to shoot your target (which is why this only works when on different forces) It ignores the tank and hits the player directly. This works with all bullet weapons that the player has control over (pistol, smg, car mounted MG, tank MG). The gun turrets do not do this, they correctly hit/kill the tank before damaging the player.

as before, still loving the forces mechanic, if we find anymore issues I'll be back to let you guys know :)

Would it benefit you to have our multiplayer map as we're fairly far through the game and may be an easy starting point for other tests you guys perceive.

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: [Oxyd] [0.12.20] bullet weapons ignore vehicles

Post by Oxyd »

Fixed in 0.12.21.

Glad to see people are enjoying some PvP action in Factorio. :) It has sometimes seemed to me as though most people were interested in forces only to get separate research for each player, not to outright attack each other.

skintkingle
Inserter
Inserter

Re: [Oxyd] [0.12.20] bullet weapons ignore vehicles

Post by skintkingle »

I'm loving it, I feel like the 2 friends I'm playing with may be enjoying it less as I had quite a successful defence plan and they both died last night but I didn't. so +1 to me yay! I think the biggest problem with people not using the forces mechanic for going against eachother is how difficult it is to travel suitably far away from eachother to have starts. There would need to be a randomly spawn within an acceptable x/y limit from the center for it to be more adopted. I wrote a script to give each player a car, put them on their own named force, and a script for removing nearby biters/nests while travelling/when a suitable location is found. Short of scripting it there's no real way to give the different forces a fair start at the moment. Although i'm sure you guys have that planned/covered when forces get some TLC. :)

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”