[0.12.21] [kovarex] Corrupted map

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

[0.12.21] [kovarex] Corrupted map

Post by YuokiTani »

how can i fix this error ?

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: I want my map back !

Post by kovarex »

Well, I don't know if the map can be restored, but having the save and info of what happen can help us to try to fix it so it doesn't happen in the future.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

is it possible to give me a hint about the dictionary/id-structure or somewhat helpful, so i can fix the map by myself - maybe enough information to write a simple map-parser by my own ?

i updated to 0.12.21 and changed mods - other maps with same mods still working.
i think its maybe a changed mod-item placed or hold in hand - but i have not removed a mod item/entity.

*edit*
i found the mod that cause this error and pm the mod-author. after removeing the mod the map load and is playable again.
but i think the error-message can give a little more help.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

YuokiTani wrote:is it possible to give me a hint about the dictionary/id-structure or somewhat helpful, so i can fix the map by myself - maybe enough information to write a simple map-parser by my own ?

i updated to 0.12.21 and changed mods - other maps with same mods still working.
i think its maybe a changed mod-item placed or hold in hand - but i have not removed a mod item/entity.

*edit*
i found the mod that cause this error and pm the mod-author. after removeing the mod the map load and is playable again.
but i think the error-message can give a little more help.
This is problem of Factorio, not the mod. It should be always possible to load the save without some mod. Why don't you just provide the data so we can fix the bug?

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

from my perspektive the mod cause this error -> remove mod and the map loads fine. so i assume it's a mod-problem.

but if you want ...
here the savegame: nTest_broken.zip
and you need this mod https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 93&t=18781 for the error - without the map loads fine and you can ignore all other mods
no error-log is generated

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.12.21] [kovarex] Corrupted map

Post by kovarex »

Hello, thank you for the info, it was valuable. I fixed the problem, it was rather Factorio core prototype issue than the mod error, the save is now loadable with the mod in 0.12.22.

The problem is, that the mod changed in the meantime, in some older version of the mod, which you used previously, it internally used entity of type radar for the piano, but in the newer version, it started to use the entity type roboport.

Factorio save contains enough information to know which type the object had before, but didn't use it to overcome this problem, I made a change for 0.12.22, that properly loads the entity even when it had different type when it was saved. (Using the similar way as when migrating entities, it just loads the old type and throws it away and constructs the new entity instead). This obviously means, that all the entity settings are lost, but at least the save is loadable and the entities are there.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.21] [kovarex] Corrupted map

Post by YuokiTani »

Fine,
and Thanks !

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”