[0.12.21] [kovarex] "Deserialisation error" when saving and reloading

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
eror199
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.12.21] [kovarex] "Deserialisation error" when saving and reloading

Post by eror199 »

Hi guys,
i hope you are having some fun fixing bugs :D

I have a problem with my latest 50+ hours savegame
Steps to reproduce:
1. load the savegame
2. wait 10 seconds (less are enough, but if you wait a very short, dont know exactly how long, the error does not occur)
3. save the game (to another file)
4. load the saved game from step 3

A message pops up "Deserialization error, target with id 146779 doesn't exist"
and the game stays in the save game selection menu.
The number is different every time all the steps are executed but remains the same if only step 4 is repeated.

Sometimes additionally a message pops up when trying to exit Factorio afterwards, which asks me to post the log file in the forums.

I am using Win 7 Professional 64 Bit and Factorio 0.12.21 - 64 Bit. Note that the savegame was made with 0.12.20, i updated later with the hope it would be fixed.
Also the savegame is heavily modded (about 30 active mods). I upload my mod folder as well (contains some disabled and/or obsolete mods).
I have changed some lines in some of the mods after downloading them from the mods forum and even enabled/disabled/changed mods quite often during the 50+ hours of playing my savegame (of course not while running the game, I know that it sounds like that).

I have already tried:
- Disabled some of the mods
- Disabled all of the mods (interestingly I cannot even load my savegame then)
- Googled, found this: https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =29&t=4408, so i tried deleting the blueprint i am holding -> no change (not using rails anyway). I am also using the Landfill mod. If I disable it the game crashes at step 3 with the message which asks me to post on the forum.
- Command /c game.forces.enemy.kill_all_units()

Original save game: http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/OEy60ix1/file.html
Corrupt save game: http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/6OAfdXMY/file.html
Mod folder: http://www36.zippyshare.com/v/XGERunym/file.html
LogFile.txt
The contents of the log file in a txt File
(115.92 KiB) Downloaded 559 times

eror199
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12.21] [kovarex] "Deserialisation error" when saving and reloading

Post by eror199 »

Meanwhile I have tried to:
- run the game on 32Bit System
- enable some older mods recently disabled
- just let the game continue without reloading: crashes on next autosave but only sometimes
- search some more in the forums (nothing helpful)
- change graphics settings to lower quality
- take off the body armor with my 7 personal roboports
- clear player logistic request inventory
- clear player inventory
- stop current research

nothing helped :(

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Thank you for the report, save and modlist, it helped me to reproduce and fix the problem, it is fixed for 0.12.22

eror199
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by eror199 »

WHOAAA nice work guys I was so short before declaring this savegame dead and starting a new one.
I have to say I love the way you are working on developing and maintaining Factorio.
Keep it up! This is definitely one of the best games i have ever played.

pajwurt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pajwurt »

Hello Guys!

Thankfully I found this post! I am having exactly the same issue, after a game crash, every save I make leads to an error that says ""Deserialization error, target with id 2551 doesn't exist". Although the id changes with every single one of the game saves, none of them works, rendering my efforts useless. I am running the game on a windows 7 ultimate, 64bit, with the latest version to this date which is 12.25. I run the game without any mods except for the "base mod" that already comes with the game.

I am posting my game saves so you can have an idea.

I tried everything I could, even reinstalled the game with no success. Please Help!
Attachments
_autosave3.zip
game autosave 3
(1.94 MiB) Downloaded 136 times
_autosave2.zip
game autosave 2
(1.89 MiB) Downloaded 140 times
_autosave1.zip
game autosave 1
(1.97 MiB) Downloaded 135 times

grundy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by grundy »

I have the same problem.

I was playing through the campaign and during the mission after you create the first car and go to the next map...
I was walking along the train tracks and deleting them as I walked, after removing about 30+ tracks, the game crashed and now all my saves give the same error, just with a different ID each time.

Guess I need to start a new game? :(

pajwurt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pajwurt »

Hi grundy,

it is very interesting that this bug is related to the rails, for I haven't researched them and haven't touched them for the time being. Also, restarting a new game would make it work, but only until you load a save.

Additionally, I have this log file from the game, after it displaying a window saying the the game crashed due to a video issue (apparently it has something to do with openGL)
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(7.07 KiB) Downloaded 153 times

pajwurt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pajwurt »

grundy wrote:I have the same problem.

I was playing through the campaign and during the mission after you create the first car and go to the next map...
I was walking along the train tracks and deleting them as I walked, after removing about 30+ tracks, the game crashed and now all my saves give the same error, just with a different ID each time.

Guess I need to start a new game? :(
I am at the exact same mission as you, with the same problems, although I didn't actually touch the rails :?

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

There was a bug in 0.12.25 making saves for New Hope 2 unplayable which was fixed for 0.12.26, but you need to restart that level on 0.12.26 for it to work.
FactorioBot in Version 0.12.26 wrote: Bugfixes
  • Fixed the corrupted level 2 of the New hope campaign, that was producing corrupted saves. If you are already playing this level, you have to start it over, I'm sorry for the trouble.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

pfrazee
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pfrazee »

This just got me, too. I loaded a save this morning, played for about 30 minutes, then the game crashed (after an autosave occurred, I think). After that, my autosaves stopped working (I believe they were all autosaves produced today) but my original, non-autosave still works.

If I'm reading the 0.12.26 notes right, I may just need to give up on this one.

pajwurt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by pajwurt »

pfrazee wrote:This just got me, too. I loaded a save this morning, played for about 30 minutes, then the game crashed (after an autosave occurred, I think). After that, my autosaves stopped working (I believe they were all autosaves produced today) but my original, non-autosave still works.

If I'm reading the 0.12.26 notes right, I may just need to give up on this one.
Yea pretty much you will have to start over, but now it is running clean. I hope you didn't lose too much time on the first go...

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”