[0.10.x][kovarex] Fullscreen - wrong screen!

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
fep
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[0.10.x][kovarex] Fullscreen - wrong screen!

Post by fep »

And no way to change it. http://puu.sh/avQRo/a971d69ba2.JPG

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Fullscreen - wrong screen!

Post by Rseding91 »

If you go to your desktop, right click -> screen resolution and click "Identify" what does it say your left monitor is? #1 or #2?

It may be related to that.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

fep
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by fep »

My left monitor is labeled as 1, but all other games I fullscren are on 2, my main monitor.

drs9999
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by drs9999 »

I have a similar setup. Monitor 1 is left, monitor 2 is right and monitor 2 is the primary one.

I just checked it on my machine it's executed on Monitor 2. Which windows version do you use? I'm using Win7.

There are still some small issues when it comes to windowed-mode and using not state-of-the-art resolutions, but that shouldn't be the problem here.

Anyway in the meantime you can play in "maximized window"-mode. I guess the 40-ish pixel for the title bar wouldn't hurt that much.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Yep that's a common mistake in allmost all games I have: when using full screen, nobody checks if it has a dual monitor setup. In theory, this should be handled by the O.S. but Windows bah

Denney
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Denney »

I have the same problem. I have a 4 monitor setup like this:

----------
|2|3|4|
----------
|1|
----

The numbers represent how Windows "detects" the monitors. Monitors 2, 3 and 4 are connected to an AMD card at 1920 x 1080 each and are used in an Eyefinity type setup. Monitor 1 is connected to the on-board Intel chip at 1280 x 1024. Monitor 3 is set to be the "main display" in both the Windows setting dialog and in the AMD Catalyst control panel.

When I try to full screen Factorio it goes to monitor number 1 which is a real pain. When I'm in Eyefinity mode monitor 2, 3 and 4 are combined into 1 monitor. This is detected as monitor 2 so I can't use the game full screen in Eyefinity either. Maximising the game shows it will work in Eyefinity mode and looks great across 3 monitors!

It seems the game will only maximise on whatever monitor is "monitor 1" and doesn't respect Windows setting of which monitor is the "main display". It's a very odd issue that I can't say I've ever had with any other game (I have almost 500 in Steam alone).

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Factorio v0.10.9 (but happens with ALL Factorio versions). I hope this can get fixed sometime as I think it'd be really cool to be full screen with Eyefinity support.

Werezwolf
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Werezwolf »

drs9999 wrote:I have a similar setup. Monitor 1 is left, monitor 2 is right and monitor 2 is the primary one.

I just checked it on my machine it's executed on Monitor 2. Which windows version do you use? I'm using Win7.

There are still some small issues when it comes to windowed-mode and using not state-of-the-art resolutions, but that shouldn't be the problem here.

Anyway in the meantime you can play in "maximized window"-mode. I guess the 40-ish pixel for the title bar wouldn't hurt that much.
SHiRKiT wrote:Yep that's a common mistake in allmost all games I have: when using full screen, nobody checks if it has a dual monitor setup. In theory, this should be handled by the O.S. but Windows bah
Ive always had my Primary Gaming Screen as 1 as it is handled by Win OS shouldn't be to hard to flip 1 and 2 around in the settings.

Denney wrote:I have the same problem. I have a 4 monitor setup like this:

----------
|2|3|4|
----------
|1|
----

The numbers represent how Windows "detects" the monitors. Monitors 2, 3 and 4 are connected to an AMD card at 1920 x 1080 each and are used in an Eyefinity type setup. Monitor 1 is connected to the on-board Intel chip at 1280 x 1024. Monitor 3 is set to be the "main display" in both the Windows setting dialog and in the AMD Catalyst control panel.

When I try to full screen Factorio it goes to monitor number 1 which is a real pain. When I'm in Eyefinity mode monitor 2, 3 and 4 are combined into 1 monitor. This is detected as monitor 2 so I can't use the game full screen in Eyefinity either. Maximising the game shows it will work in Eyefinity mode and looks great across 3 monitors!

It seems the game will only maximise on whatever monitor is "monitor 1" and doesn't respect Windows setting of which monitor is the "main display". It's a very odd issue that I can't say I've ever had with any other game (I have almost 500 in Steam alone).

I'm using Windows 8.1 and Factorio v0.10.9 (but happens with ALL Factorio versions). I hope this can get fixed sometime as I think it'd be really cool to be full screen with Eyefinity support.
I haven't had an eyeinfinity setup so i dont know much about it. Would changing monitor two and one around work with Eyefinity although i am aware that your start-bar would then be on the same screen as the eyefinity screen in this case and i do agree not many games do support the changing of full screen binding.

All-in-All
A Borderless windowed screen would also be appreciated and may solve these issues.

Denney
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Denney »

Werezwolf wrote: I haven't had an eyeinfinity setup so i dont know much about it. Would changing monitor two and one around work with Eyefinity although i am aware that your start-bar would then be on the same screen as the eyefinity screen in this case and i do agree not many games do support the changing of full screen binding.

All-in-All
A Borderless windowed screen would also be appreciated and may solve these issues.
In the Eyefinity setup, monitor 2 is set as the main display (your main display is set in the Windows "Screen Resolution" popup) so my start bar is already on monitor 2 (the start bar appears on whichever monitor you set as the main display). I'm not sure you can change the numbers that Windows assigns to your monitors, or at least, I haven't found the setting to do so.

The reason most games don't have the ability to change the full screen binding is because pretty much all games I know of respect what ever monitor you have set as the main display in the Windows settings which negates the need for an option to change it. For some reason Factorio doesn't respect that and instead forces itself to maximise on monitor 1, which it shouldn't do.

I agree that a borderless windowed mode would be nice as well.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.x][kovarex] Fullscreen - wrong screen!

Post by kovarex »

0.10.10 changelog wrote: - Fixed that it wasn't possible to start fullscreen game in other than the primary window. There is now settings in config in category [graphics] section:
preffered-screen-index. Changing the value changes the display adapter (monitor) that is used. If many people use this feature in the future, we can put it in the
graphics settings ingame as well (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... php?t=5048).
Fixed for 0.10.10, although only adjustable in config now.

Denney
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Denney »

kovarex wrote:Fixed for 0.10.10, although only adjustable in config now.
Awesome news! Can't wait to try it out.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by DaveMcW »

I would definitely like a gui option.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

+1 for the GUI option, this question pops up quite often in Technical Help (and it's probably safe to assume for everyone who posts about it, there's several people who don't but do get annoyed with the game)
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”