[0.10.10] Stacked chests on Downgrade (minor)

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
DaCyclops
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

[0.10.10] Stacked chests on Downgrade (minor)

Post by DaCyclops »

So I noticed an interesting little bug in 0.10.09 a week ago, and just remembered to post it (just replicated it on 0.10.10 to be safe).

If you try to downgrade a chest (example: Iron to Wooden) while your inventory cant hold the excess of the original chest, the game will move as much as it can to the new chest, move as much as it can to your inventory, give you a warning about your inventory being full, and then leave you with two chests stacked on top of each other.
I do know the inserter on the chest I just tried it on kept trying to fill up the "old" chest, but newly placed inserters interacted with the "new" chest. It also appears to show the "old" chest, but interact with the "new" chest. You can still empty your inventory and break the "new" chest, and the partly-filled "old" chest will still be there. Looking carefully a moment ago with the ALT view on, I was just able to see the outline of the "old" chest's contents under the "new" chest's contents.

Its a minor one... Not many times do you bother downgrading a chest, but I thought I would mention it just in case...

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.10.10] Stacked chests on Downgrade (minor)

Post by kovarex »

Good find, fixed for 0.10.11.

In this case, the new downgraded chest is just not built.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”