[0.11.3] Bug When Swapping Gun Turret Ammo Types

This subforum contains all the issues which we already resolved.
MaxAstro
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.11.3] Bug When Swapping Gun Turret Ammo Types

Post by MaxAstro »

If a gun turret already has normal ammo in it, and you attempt to manually place piercing rounds in it, the game does not swap them like you would expect. Instead it displays the message: "Piercing Rounds Magazine cannot be used as ammo for gun turret."

This lead to me thinking, for quite a long time, that gun turrets could not use piercing rounds. This became... problematic... when defending against more evolved biters. It was only after noticing a post on the forums saying that they CAN use piercing rounds that I realized that you need to physically remove the normal ammo before you can put the piercing ammo in.

Hilariously, this bug happens in the other direction, too - if you try to swap piercing bullets for regular bullets the game claims that regular bullets can't be used as ammo for gun turrets. :)

"I thoroughly disapprove of duels. If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand and lead him to a quiet place and kill him." - Mark Twain

"True friends stab you in the front." - Oscar Wilde

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: [0.11.3] Bug When Swapping Gun Turret Ammo Types

Post by slpwnd »

Thanks for the report. Error in internal logic (surprisingly:)). Fixed for the 0.11.4.

Return to “Resolved Problems and Bugs”