Vanilla quality of life suggestions

Ideas that are too old (too many things have changed since) and ones which won't be implemented for certain reasons or if there are obviously better suggestions.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

hazardland
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Vanilla quality of life suggestions

Post by hazardland »

I just "finished" vanilla Factorio without any modes, I play solely always with default settings ("finished" because I realized that the game begins after launching a first rocket : D)

Here are some quality of life improvements :
(Some of them are achievable with mods but from childhood I treat anything that helps cheating unless it does not come by default)

. The way of quickly extracting modules from buildings - If inserting is possible by pressing CTRL+M_LEFT maybe some CTLR+M_RIGHT?
. When I stop artillery train I have few time to put turrets around the train and fill them with bullets (Evenly?) if the turret limit by inserter is 10 why should not we insert 10 by default from hand when we press CTRL - Like insert maximum by default, it is annoying when 200 uranium bullet goes into one turret
. I want to name trains, like I want to see them in depots by name also and in train list, like I d like to name my first artillery train Liberator or Democracy : D

So in short alongside this 3 features other things are manageable: 3 things
1. Quick module extract
2. Ctrl + Fast insert till entity inserter limit (Maybe exception for turrets?)
3. Name trains

Loewchen
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Vanilla quality of life suggestions

Post by Loewchen »

Make one topic per suggestion and make sure to search if those exist already.

Return to “Outdated/Not implemented”