Crash when other computer on LAN launches game

Post your bugs and problems so we can fix them.
fobar22
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Crash when other computer on LAN launches game

Post by fobar22 »

Hello, I have an odd freezing event that only happens when I am playing the game on my Ubuntu desktop and my son launches Factorio on his Manjaro desktop. As a second data point, my other son also plays on a Ubuntu desktop, and him launching the game never causes the issue. To be explicit, he is not attempting to join my game, he is just launching the game from Steam and waiting. His game loads to the main menu screen, and my computer freezes the game - when it happens, I can see his computer still has the loading bar at about 25%. All of this happens over LAN, we are all launching via Steam. I have looked through the game logs, but the game does not crash, it simply freezes, so there is nothing that I can see that is of interest.

To continue, I have to close my game, and then reload. After that everything is great.

I am happy to provide more information if you can help me try to isolate the issue.
Attachments
factorio-current.log
(92.64 KiB) Downloaded 12 times
factorio-previous.log
(69.69 KiB) Downloaded 12 times

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Crash when other computer on LAN launches game

Post by FuryoftheStars »

Are any of you using the same Steam account and/or a shared library?
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles | New Gear Girl & HR Graphics

fobar22
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Crash when other computer on LAN launches game

Post by fobar22 »

All three of us have independent copies of the game purchased through Steam. I do have them listed on my account as authorized to share my library, though it is not needed for Factorio. We are also on each others Friends list.

Return to “Bug Reports”