[MOD 0.10.x] Liquid Station Mod

Topics and discussion about specific mods
btw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

[MOD 0.10.x] Liquid Station Mod

Post by btw »

This is very small mod, that adds an entity liquid station to fill/empty all kind of vanilla fluids into/from barrels.

It is the same as assembly machine only for filling and empty barrels. But 1x1 size, consumes less energy(50kW) and produces less pollution.

Screenshots
CAUTION: It changes vanilla recipe to fill and empty crude oil for use liquid station.

I am not designer, so i toke small pump picture and transformed it into blue. If you guys can do better images, please help me.
Attachments
Liquid-Station-Mod.zip
(183.51 KiB) Downloaded 1851 times
Last edited by btw on Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.

Flydroid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.9.x] Liquid Station Mod

Post by Flydroid »

Copied it to the mod folder and doen't work. There are no recipes for the Liquid Station.
I'm on 0.9.4. All other mods ive got installed do work.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

If you added it into a map where you already had done the research that normally unlock the recipes, it's "normal", and is a bug in vanilla as well, where updating from 0.9.3 to 0.9.4 could make you unable to make lubricant, depending on your researches at the time of updating.

Here, the tech in question is "fluid handling".

You might be able to circumvent this by following the tips given for the people that had the lubricant problem, search the 0.9.4 thread for more infos.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

To make this mod work correctly for existing saves there needs to be added the migration to it.

This is the migration we will have in 0.9.5 to fix the lubricant problem:

Code: Select all

game.player.force.resettechnologies() -- The technology is different now, so we need to update the version player has

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  if force.technologies["oil-processing"].researched then -- When the oil processing is already researched, we need to enable the lubricant
    force.recipes["lubricant"].enabled = true
  end
end
The migration is special code that is run only when you load save with your mod, that didn't have it before.

So you should put file in the mod (put it in the migrations folder) that will contain this:

Code: Select all

game.player.force.resettechnologies() -- The technology is different now, so we need to update the version player has

for index, force in pairs(game.forces) do
  if force.technologies["oil-processing"].researched then -- When the oil processing is already researched, we need to enable the the recipes it unlocks
    force.recipes["fill-water-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["empty-water-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["fill-heavy-oil-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["empty-heavy-oil-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["fill-light-oil-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["empty-light-oil-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["fill-petroleum-gas-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["empty-petroleum-gas-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["fill-lubricant-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["empty-lubricant-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["fill-sulfuric-acid-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["empty-sulfuric-acid-barrel"].enabled = true
    force.recipes["liquid-station"].enabled = true
  end
end

Baleur
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Baleur »

Made some new icons for the filling, emptying and filled barrels for all the resources, to better match the ingame vanilla graphics for crude oil barrels etc.
Enjoy :D

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Rensiur
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Rensiur »

Will you integrate those into the mod or shall we do it by hand?

Btw. pretty cool mod idea.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

I did it by myself (just copy and rename).
This mod is easy to modify so I added Lava barrel to transport 600*C Lava from DyTech mod :D

btw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by btw »

I added migrations and the new icons. Thank you guys for support

Necromunger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Necromunger »

I just wanted to post here because i did not want to step on anyone's toes.

But my Material Storage mod may also include some of this mods abilities in upcoming updates.

tetkris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tetkris »

truly useful mod , good job friend

perkel
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.10.x] Liquid Station Mod

Post by perkel »

amazing mod imo. It should be in vanilla game.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Its very useful mod and I'm using it in my entire factory.
Right now when we choose recipe, station can suck liquid or pump it. I'm wondering if is it possible to add feature that station fill slot and additional liquid flow throe like water in steam engines?

ares0027
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ares0027 »

awesome mod. i needed something like this for lubricant. good job :) thanks a lot

Sicko Psycko
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sicko Psycko »

Ive made mod using your idea, code and symbol graphics aswell.
Idea of other pump for doing this was not good im my opinion couse i think assembly machines for such operations are enough.
So my mod is using assembly machines to fill/empty barrels like it was working with crude oil by default.
Its allowed by default "Fluid Handling" research and not using water couse in my opinion its pointless operate with water like that.

So as u are main creator and im using your idea and graphics ive not publish this outside and using just by myself and one other player.
If you want i can send this mod and you add it for yours so potential users will have choise to use this nice feature in two other ways.

Thanks and hope factorio stuff soon make it default feature. ;)

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

Mostly as a matter of consistency, I'd prefer a version which used the same Assembly Machine as the game's default Crude Oil filling/emptying station. Just seems like something the devs should have added when they added Fluid Handling to the game, so that you could barrel any liquid for long range transport, not just Crude Oil
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Grunex
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Grunex »

ares0027 wrote:awesome mod. i needed something like this for lubricant. good job :) thanks a lot
Exactly that. Lubricant pipes make so much mess in the factory.
Mods save lifes.

No but seriously, please add this to core

dsx20
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dsx20 »

I have made a variation of Liquid Station Mod to support all fluids in [0.10.x] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =51&t=4130. The key difference is it introduces cylinders for gases. Can I post it as a separate thread (giving credit to the original author 'btw')? Given that I've put in the effort to extend it I'd like others to benefit but at the same time I don't want to step on anyone's toes.

bobingabout
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobingabout »

dsx20 wrote:I have made a variation of Liquid Station Mod to support all fluids in [0.10.x] Bob's Metals, Chemicals and Intermediates mod https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =51&t=4130. The key difference is it introduces cylinders for gases.
In 0.7.0 I'm going to introduce Liquid air (as in Tree farm and DyTech) and Nitrogen (along with Nitrogen Dioxide, and Nitric Acid). You could add those too if you like.
I was also thinking about making the empty gas and fuel cylenders used by gas and fuel oil in my mods a seperate item, so you can fill and empty it anyway. (even though fuel oil is kind of useless for anything other than making the canned fuel so far, and will likely be added to base game when the engine is capable of using liquid fuels anyway).

Plus my next mod, warfare, so far also adds Glyerol, Acid mix, and nitroglycerin. not sure it would be a good idea to bottle up nitroglycerin. (no game mechanic reason, it just sounds like a bad idea.)

if you're interested, I can get you liquid names.
Creator of Bob's mods. Expanding your gameplay since version 0.9.8.
I also have a Patreon.

dsx20
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dsx20 »

Thanks bobingabout but I'm happy to wait until you release an update with regards to supporting your proposed fluids. Importantly I haven't published my 'fluid-station' because I'm not sure of the rules with regard to mods and 'copyright' infringement. I wanted to get btw's okay before I publish work based heavily on his 'Liquid Station Mod'. Aside, I am however enjoying using Bob's mods and should I decide to get into modding more seriously I will definitely be looking to use them as a dependency.

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Can I upload 1 0.11.1 version?

Return to “Mods”