Development and Discussion

Infinite Ores, Refining, Ore Processing ...

Moderator: Arch666Angel

Durabys
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Development and Discussion

Post by Durabys »

Arch666Angel wrote:
Zyrconia wrote:Guaranteed not a Bob's thing. I have 60-80 hours with Bob's + Angels Refining + Petrochem and more just with Bob's.

I only saw the problem on m latest map (I'm 5 hours in), where I:
- finally managed to get Bio processing to work (Z Group Change disables it; adding it mid game doesn't work).
- added angel's smelting

So it is either angel's smelting or angel's bio processing and my bet is on processing. Or, I did disable all the ZGroup Change fixes and maybe this was one of the fixes.
I dont have any influence with Zgroup, I dont understand why hte author mixes balancing changes with the group updates, maybe just the mods name needs a change to clarify that it is more of a rebalance.

The issue with the wood boards is as the other have elaborated, this is a game issue and the only way to prevent this might be to make the recipes not handcraft able which would end in the same result: You either have to manually craft the boards or automate their production.
Question to Arch666Angel: Why is there not also a Basic Stone Furnace Angel's Smelting Mod's re-texture?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Why should there ne one? Creating the Gfx is the most time consuming thing in my mods.

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Last update before the holidays, so merry Christmas everyone!

Petrochem
-changed machine for the lubricant recipe from steam-cracker to chemical plant
-added module slots to flare stack

---0.3.1-0.3.3
-migration fixes

-added barreling
-moved fluid control and tanks group to new barreling and fluid control tab
-added molten salt electrolysis recipe
-fixed coke to carbon recipe
-tweaked solid fuel recipes
-added oil residual to oil-refinery recipes
-added heavy-pump back in as barreling machine

Refining
-removed legacy thermal-water-barrels
-small fixes
-improved salination plant recipes

--0.5.1 - 0.5.4
-migration fixes
-fixed clarifier not working

-added barreling for fluids
-added new tabs for barreling and water-treatment
-added barreling technology
-added salination-plant
-added recipes to produce saline-water and salt
-increased clarifier input
-several small fixes

Bio-Processing
-added third tier algaes
-added alien-processing lines back in
-tweaked some numbers

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

• How about moving the salination plant to water treatment 1(and give it the cost of the hydro plant MK1) and give water treatment 2 a MK2 with 1.5 speed? Also I think that the 2 stage process water->salt water->salt should be give more salt then the water->salt step(atm. 500 Water->100 Salt or 500 Water ->200Saline ->60 Salt
  • Is the conversion coal to carbon a bit to powerfull? 1Coal(8MJ)->2Coke(2*5MJ)+3.5CO2(0,7 Coal=5,6MJ)->3Carbon(3*6MJ)=>13,6MJ->18MJ(+40% energy)
  • the CO2+H2->Methanol->Propane->Plastic chain is quite powerful (1 Coal->1Plastic) and way smaller and easier than refining gas, while the way longer chain over carbon and syntheses gas gives you only a minimal better yield (0,925 Coal->1Plasic)

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

ukezi wrote:
  • How about moving the salination plant to water treatment 1(and give it the cost of the hydro plant MK1) and give water treatment 2 a MK2 with 1.5 speed? Also I think that the 2 stage process water->salt water->salt should be give more salt then the water->salt step(atm. 500 Water->100 Salt or 500 Water ->200Saline ->60 Salt
  • Is the conversion coal to carbon a bit to powerfull? 1Coal(8MJ)->2Coke(2*5MJ)+3.5CO2(0,7 Coal=5,6MJ)->3Carbon(3*6MJ)=>13,6MJ->18MJ(+40% energy)
  • the CO2+H2->Methanol->Propane->Plastic chain is quite powerful (1 Coal->1Plastic) and way smaller and easier than refining gas, while the way longer chain over carbon and syntheses gas gives you only a minimal better yield (0,925 Coal->1Plasic)
1 to 1 is not really impressive compared to some other ways. I've got a way of getting 15 plastic and 5 coke from 6.35 coal
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

how do you do that?

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

ukezi wrote:

The salination is meant to be for later stages so you can recycle your saline water and have the recipes with one less byproduct but the chain is longer, but might move everything so you can get it earlier. If you get more salt from one recipe chain, then I derped the numers, they should output an equal amount of salt.

I derped the carbon conversion in the first iteration and forgot to change some values, now its closer to what I had in mind that you have to make a choice if you want more compression and higher fuel value per item, or the carbon for processing.

There are several ways to produce methanol, it is the interchangeable part in the recipe chains. You can get methanol from coal cracking directly, from synthesis of hydrogen and carbon monoxide, from decomposing wood with bio processing, from converting methane, from using synth gas....the goal is to use all the products in some way and there are methods with higher effiency :)

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

New ideas for new raw resources which we can refine in refining mod
For now we have:
1) Saphirite
2) Stiratite
3) Rubyte
4) Bobmonium
5) Jivolite
6) Crotinnium

So how about 2 new alien ores? Very rare raw ores, more rare then jivolite and crotinnium for rare resources like chrome, platinum, gallium, beryllium, germaium and manganese:
1) Kassarvol
2) Gleedrine
The names of this ores

names of these ores are invented incidentally and don't bear any semantic loading, my native language not English, names of these ores are thought up so that they were interesting to be said that they had the original name
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by kinnom »

Can you make a live stream of you making the graphics?
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

kinnom wrote:Can you make a live stream of you making the graphics?
I did switch on the stream when I was modding a couple of times, but I dont think it's really entertaining to watch me trying and iterate through different designs :D But if there is enough interesst might do that again yeah.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

Using Angel's Smelting to create Cobalt Plates as my method for processing cobalt just put me in a dead end. All the Bob's items require Cobalt Oxide, and I can't process Cobalt Plates into Cobalt Oxide. I'll have to rip up my processing and redo it to use stone and cobalt ore.

Can I request the addition of a recipe which uses Cobalt Plates + Oxygen to create Cobalt Oxide? It seems to make sense to me.

mexmer
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by mexmer »

there is recipe that produces cobalt oxyde as byproduct from copper plates processing. not sure if it's angels or bobs.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

mexmer wrote:there is recipe that produces cobalt oxyde as byproduct from copper plates processing. not sure if it's angels or bobs.
There are two recipes for cobalt oxide. The first is 7 copper ore, 1 stone, 1 carbon, 1 hydrogen, making 9 copper plates and 2 cobalt oxide. The second is two cobaltite ore and one stone returning 2 cobalt oxide.

The issue is that the smelting of cobalt returns cobalt plates, without a method for me to get the more useful cobalt oxide. Cobalt plates can only be used to make a cobalt pick axe, and cobalt armor. All the other (more useful) recipes require oxide.

It just seems to me that having refined cobalt plates means I ought to be able to add oxygen and get cobalt oxide. It may even be a step backward, because I'm adding more to revert to a less refined state.

ukezi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ukezi »

that would be a posibility. I would rather add a ingot->oxide recipie, so there is no plate->oxide->plate path.

Demosthenex
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Demosthenex »

ukezi wrote:that would be a posibility. I would rather add a ingot->oxide recipie, so there is no plate->oxide->plate path.
I can appreciate an ingot recipe, after all why not extract the oxide before it is formed into plates. On the other hand, if I made refined plates, why not allow a recipe to turn them back into oxide? Unless there's a potential problem with circular references, plates into oxide, and then oxide into plates is just wasting power and resources. It could even be lossy (ie. no gas recovery, 60% return).

LethargicChii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LethargicChii »

Can someone explain what the Angel Trigger "Angel's Triggers - Refining - Enable Furnace Types" does exactly? I'm a little at a loss. I searched the forums for awhile and seen someone else ask the same question but no one replied. I've downloaded it and have it toggled on, but, not really noticing anything. Is it something simple like a recipe trigger, allowing smelting or refining of materials in other furnaces?
My Mods:
Rocket Turret
Discussion Forum: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=47497

Ask me about blender! I don't know a lot, but, I can try and help.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

LethargicChii wrote:Can someone explain what the Angel Trigger "Angel's Triggers - Refining - Enable Furnace Types" does exactly? I'm a little at a loss. I searched the forums for awhile and seen someone else ask the same question but no one replied. I've downloaded it and have it toggled on, but, not really noticing anything. Is it something simple like a recipe trigger, allowing smelting or refining of materials in other furnaces?
I just asked the same question and he answered here: viewtopic.php?f=185&t=25468&start=640#p232599

That means ONLY for the recipes and machines from the mod Angel's Refining.

LethargicChii
Inserter
Inserter

Post by LethargicChii »

Oh wow, silly me, I'm sorry. Thanks a lot. I see that now, I wasn't sure if your were talking about the same thing or not. The wording just threw me off, I thought that was a separate config option, not directly referencing the trigger. :lol: Makes sense now. Can't wait for .15 and new Angel's stuff. Keep up the good work, thanks for all you do!
My Mods:
Rocket Turret
Discussion Forum: viewtopic.php?f=93&t=47497

Ask me about blender! I don't know a lot, but, I can try and help.

Shenpen
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Shenpen »

I have really really enjoyed this set of mods! First with just Angels Ores and now with the full monty (Petrochem, Smelting, Add-ons...).

I was getting into a bit of trouble with a lack of salinated water and general chaos in handling of fluids.

But the recent additions of (de-) salination plant and the barreling machine (heavy pump) makes it possible to solve both problems.
Barreling also makes trains more relvant as I can load them with synthesis gas and purified water.

The fuel pellets are great for big steam engine setups and great for hoarding fuel in a compact way.

I have now made a dicision to rote all smelting through the blast furnances instead of the simpler processes.

I expected to see a lot of productivity gains from the more elaborate process. But either my testing and math is off or it is a bit underwhelming at some 125%-ish improvements or so (tested for the titanium process). Its a very cool set of machinery though. Has anyone done a proper calculations of gains vs. the traditional process?

Im slowly working my way towards a fully opperational factory and there is still so much to explore. By now my factory is more like a sprawling city with a few satelites and this is what I feel factorio should be like.

Looking forward to even more of your awsome work - the trains look awsome.

Northgate
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Northgate »

Shenpen wrote: I expected to see a lot of productivity gains from the more elaborate process. But either my testing and math is off or it is a bit underwhelming at some 125%-ish improvements or so (tested for the titanium process). Its a very cool set of machinery though. Has anyone done a proper calculations of gains vs. the traditional process?
You will gain productivity, however I find that it's not worth it in the early game because it uses too much energy. The energy consumption is pretty massive if you aim for a similar output gain like in the simpler setup.
Right now I'm only smelting iron, copper and silicon and a large portion of my power supply is consumed by the smelting buildings.

Return to “Angels Mods”