[.13-1.1.81] Aircraft (1.8.6)

Topics and discussion about specific mods
Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.29] Aircraft (1.0.3) New Planes!

Post by Thomasnotused »

Well, seeing as how I have nothing better to do, I may as well work on this. I'm open to suggestions, so get to it peeps!

In the meantime, I've released 1.0.4, which does a lot of balancing work and finally adjusts those pesky headlights! (I had to restart the game 126 times to get it where it is now).
I have no idea what I'm doing.

MiniMe943
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [0.12.29] Aircraft (1.0.3) New Planes!

Post by MiniMe943 »

SuicidalKid wrote:Well, seeing as how I have nothing better to do, I may as well work on this. I'm open to suggestions, so get to it peeps!

In the meantime, I've released 1.0.4, which does a lot of balancing work and finally adjusts those pesky headlights! (I had to restart the game 126 times to get it where it is now).
Good to know someone's working on this. I've been holding off on download it, but I think now would be a good time to give it a try. :D

The_Destroyer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [0.12.29] Aircraft (1.0.4) New Planes!

Post by The_Destroyer »

Great work on the mod, It's a shame the old author didn't at least post once saying "I'm not dead, still working on it" :roll:

kiba
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.20+] Aircraft (1.0.1) NEW PLANES!

Post by kiba »

Klonan wrote:
Eldwen wrote:
Again, I was messaged, but then you deleted the message before I had a chance to read it.
I posted in my original mod topic that I was working on this mod a full 5 days before you posted with the new content that I planed on releasing. GG for mod jacking.
I checked out your profile a few weeks before this unofficial update was realeased (I was tempted to update it myself) and i noticed you had not been online in many months.
From SuicidalKids perspective, I think he was doing the community a good favour by updating the mod, I know a lot of people are exited for the new planes and things (For which the graphics by YuokiTani were available for many months)

In your position i would consider myself lucky that Suicidal update your mod, instead of remaking it to get around your restrictive licence. It would be trivial to write a new mod (named "Jet Planes" or something) and then completely leave you without credit.

Also i checked through your mod topic, and there was no post from you since august, over 4 months ago.

I don't believe it isnt fair to call this 'Mod jacking' , and i do believe if he didn't update it, there would be no update. I think you should instead be thanking him for takin it upon himself to update and improve your mod.
I don't know. SucideKid is still doing it without the original author's permission and against the term of the license.

Otherwise, what's the point of a copyright license if people don't actually abide by it?

Don't get me wrong, the license is a bad choice, allowing nobody in the community the power to modify or update it when the original author lost interest, which for all intent and purpose. true.

Adil
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.20+] Aircraft (1.0.1) NEW PLANES!

Post by Adil »

kiba wrote: I don't know. SucideKid is still doing it without the original author's permission and against the term of the license.

Otherwise, what's the point of a copyright license if people don't actually abide by it?
Yay Someone brought lisencing flamewar back
I do mods. Modding wiki is friend, it teaches how to mod. Api docs is friend too...
I also update mods, some of them even work.
Recently I did a mod tutorial.

z28proximo
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: [0.12.29] Aircraft (1.0.4) New Planes!

Post by z28proximo »

Amazing! Thank you so much for keeping this up to date!

Using planes against the aliens, so satisfying.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.33] Aircraft (1.0.4) New Planes!

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

I created a German (de) translation for this mod.
It would be nice if you could include it in your download, so everyone can use it.

If you need more translations or translation updates just ping/pm me.

https://github.com/Stifling-Bossness/Aircraft/pull/2

I hope I picked the right git repo.

PS: Thanks for this alien killer mod.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.12.33] Aircraft (1.0.4) New Planes!

Post by Thomasnotused »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:I created a German (de) translation for this mod.
It would be nice if you could include it in your download, so everyone can use it.

If you need more translations or translation updates just ping/pm me.

https://github.com/Stifling-Bossness/Aircraft/pull/2

I hope I picked the right git repo.

PS: Thanks for this alien killer mod.
Nice, I'll update it soon with the locale.

AutoMcD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [0.12.33] Aircraft (1.0.5) New Planes!

Post by AutoMcD »

dropbox link isn't working in OP

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

Well it works for me.
Maybe too many people tried to download your mod, so you got temporary banned.
I recommend git's release feature. (Create a release and append the mod there).
That way you don't waste/use your disk space.

Lightning_Bird
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lightning_Bird »

Looks cool ;)
Here's my github.
You can find there polish locale etc.

Your game is too dark? Use this
terrain files to make your game look nice and cozy.
Looking for a cool mod pack? Check out this!

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

autor good mod!

author
I liked your modding
a cargo plane can not do logistics like robots? * ie that he had landed at a point as well, I flew to point B, pick up cargo from the airport and drove to the base?

рус
автор
мне понравился твой моддинг
а нельзя карго самолет сделать логистическим как роботов?* тоесть что бы он приземлялся в точке а, летал в точку б, забирал из аэропорта груз и вез на базу?

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

Airat9000 wrote:autor good mod!

author
I liked your modding
a cargo plane can not do logistics like robots? * ie that he had landed at a point as well, I flew to point B, pick up cargo from the airport and drove to the base?
I'm not sure how I could set up the cargo plane to do that, maybe just a big re-skinned logistics bot? Hmm, then it wouldn't have the capacity, now would it...

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

I also thought about suggesting something like that.

Here are my thoughts about it.
You use an airport for vertical launchers (aka a paved circle roughly the size of you cargo plain).
You give this airports a names. Then you can configure routes for autopiloting. (I don't know how complex it is to make an airplain fly a straight route).

The rest can be done using inserters. However I would wait for 0.13 so that you can use the advanced circuit conditions. (The airport emits the contents of the plain to the network)
That way you can control the load of your plain much better.

If you want it more realistically then you have to use a "long" starting way and some more complex logic for flying circles and waiting loops.

If you are interested in this idea/concept (1 or 2) I could outline it a little bit more and try to search the codebase for useful methods.

EDIT: It would be nice if you could speed up the cargo plain a little bit and/or upgrade the capacity (at least via research or some expensive upgrade modules). Because currently its almost easier/faster to drive with a tank to the target.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

bNarFProfCrazy wrote:EDIT: It would be nice if you could speed up the cargo plain a little bit and/or upgrade the capacity (at least via research or some expensive upgrade modules). Because currently its almost easier/faster to drive with a tank to the target.
Oh, I thought the cargo plane was good, but I'll see about buffing it a bit.

bNarFProfCrazy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by bNarFProfCrazy »

SuicidalKid wrote:
bNarFProfCrazy wrote:EDIT: It would be nice if you could speed up the cargo plain a little bit and/or upgrade the capacity (at least via research or some expensive upgrade modules). Because currently its almost easier/faster to drive with a tank to the target.
Oh, I thought the cargo plane was good, but I'll see about buffing it a bit.
Maybe its just a result of my favorite map choice (few water and far away resources).
(To expand my base I have to carry a few k laser towers and 3 times as much concrete walls + kTONS of concrete each time.
Heavy polution -> strong enemy -> strong defense -> extremely expensive building
I really like the air plaines because I won't get blocked by my structures, but if I have to fly 1k tiles in distance its just faster to use the jetplane and travel twice.)

EDIT: The main issue is the big (default) player inventory that can carry the same amount as the plain and a train's cargo wagon.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [0.13.0] Aircraft (1.0.6) New Planes!

Post by Thomasnotused »

1.0.6 released
-Updated for 13.0

I haven't done any crazy extensive testing, so hit me up if it bugs out on you.

IgorLutiy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by IgorLutiy »

Russian locale, if anybody need
ru.rar
(788 Bytes) Downloaded 154 times
Мир друзьям - смерть врагам!

Sunnova
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sunnova »

Anyone having corrupted game files while using planes? If I don't use the plane, just stay out of it, I can play for hours, if I start flying around, the game corrupts and I have to reload from a different save.

Thomasnotused
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Thomasnotused »

charmead wrote:Anyone having corrupted game files while using planes? If I don't use the plane, just stay out of it, I can play for hours, if I start flying around, the game corrupts and I have to reload from a different save.
Do you mean the Jet? That one goes so fast, that the game can't generate terrain in time. If you wait a while, the game should catch up.

Also, a slower computer may have issues similar to the jet with the others, but I'm not sure. I don't have a craptop to test it on anymore :)

Return to “Mods”