My mod doesn't show in game

orgamek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

My mod doesn't show in game

Post by orgamek »

Hello everyone,

My problematic is in the title: I have tried to make a mod, but it doesn't show up once i run the game.
There is no error messages, but the mod is not here either.

What I tried:
-make my own mod starting from the various examples of mod I use. (doesn't show up)
-try to make the mod from the tutorial (doesn't show up)
-download the mod from the tutorial. (shows up and works)
-modifying the .json of the mod (doesn't show up)
-modifying the .json of the mod library (doesn't show up)
-take another archive, remove everything BUT the .json and add the mod elements (there are compilation problems, so I guess the mod is detected.)

It is probable that i have a problem with my .json, but I don't get where, after I rubber-ducked every line -and ffs, there are not many of them! ><-.
My other explanation is that the archive doesn't have the good format, but I can't test this part. (I use 7-zip, is winRar necessary?)

Anyway, if someone has some time to enlight me on this problem I would be rather grateful. The .zip is attached.
Attachments
tank_artillerie_0.0.1.zip
(48.11 KiB) Downloaded 28 times

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: My mod doesn't show in game

Post by Bilka »

You can check the factorio-current.log file (it's in the directory next to the mods and saves folders) for errors related to mod zips and mod info.json files. Your mod zip gives the following error:
0.701 Error ModManager.cpp:999: Mod package read error. Error when parsing zip file "...\mods\tank_artillerie_0.0.1.zip" : bad conversion

You can fix this by removing the file named "déjà fait.txt" from the mod, it looks like the zip library used by Factorio doesn't handle its name correctly.

By the way: You do not need to zip the mod during development, you can just work with the folder and then only zip it for publishing.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

orgamek
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by orgamek »

Thank you @Bilka for the information. It is working now... i mean, i can start to debug. xD

Have a good day.

Rseding91
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Rseding91 »

Boskid and I worked on this and this issue is fixed for 2.0. But in the meantime as Bilka said removing or renaming that file will let you continue.
If you want to get ahold of me I'm almost always on Discord.

Return to “Fixed for 2.0”