airplanes and helicopters

This is the place to request new mods or give ideas about what could be done.
Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

airplanes and helicopters

Post by Airat9000 »

is it possible to make the planes and helicopters that would be faster to fly water and then there are the big ...

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: airplanes and helicopters

Post by Drury »

Then there are the big what? Should I send help, are you in trouble?

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

He is not an english speaker (Russian), and there is no good translation software out there to help him.

I agree, airplanes or other kinds of aerial transportation system would be great, with all the forests and lakes, it would make exploration much more feasible.

The best way I can think off would be to make us unable to interact with anything while in it (can't attack, open chests, be attacked), except maybe by ranged attacks (worms, or the spitters from MoCombat), if feasible.

If we go the airplane way, it would be nice to have a way to build airports and be able to tell the plane "bring me to airport X", and maybe have a way to make it act like very costly and end game transportation system.

I don't know how feasible this whole thing is, but I definitely would love to have that.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

I believe, that making car with empty collision_mask would make it just fly, but yes, it wouldn't have the flying movement effect. and correct shadow positions.

Return to “Ideas and Requests For Mods”