[0.12.X] Install problem

Anything that prevents you from playing the game properly. Do you have issues playing for the game, downloading it or successfully running it on your computer? Let us know here.
MaDmaxwell311
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

[0.12.X] Install problem

Post by MaDmaxwell311 »

SO, I bought the game 2 days ago, and I downloaded 0.11.22 fine. Only when I tried to download the 0.12.7 or .6 or .5 every time I try install it via the EXE, I get a no file path or insufficient permissions. I would try the zip version, but I do not know how that works.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: [0.12.X] Install problem

Post by DaveMcW »

For the zip version, unzip it somewhere and then run bin\x64\Factorio.exe. You can right-click-drag Factorio.exe to the desktop or start menu if you want.

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

DaveMcW wrote:You can right-click-drag Factorio.exe to the desktop or start menu if you want.
Don't know what OS you're using, but on Windows 7/8 this doesn't work (and never did afaik).
Right-click-drag does the same as left-click-drag and moves the file if on the same drive, otherwise it copies it.

You should drag the Factorio.exe to the desktop (or any other folder) while holding down the ALT key, which creates a shortcut.
Or copy the file (CTRL+C or right-click+Copy) and paste it by using "Paste shortcut".
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

MaDmaxwell311
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by MaDmaxwell311 »

I am on Windows 10. Sorry I forgot to mention this.

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

I've been through a lot of windows versions and right click drag has always opened a menu with copy, move, and create shortcut included.

http://lifehacker.com/5922331/drag-and- ... s-explorer

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by daniel34 »

FishSandwich wrote:I've been through a lot of windows versions and right click drag has always opened a menu with copy, move, and create shortcut
I'm sorry, you're right, right click drag would open the context menu for copy/move/create shortcut.
I tested it and thought it would do the same as left-click-drag because it showed the same notice.
I've never used it myself, I always use keyboard shortcuts or modifier keys (like ALT to make a shortcut), so I overloooked that one.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Return to “Technical Help”