Shift Rick Click Assembler -> Shift Left Click Inserter

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Shift Rick Click Assembler -> Shift Left Click Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Ok,

I do not know if there's a Mod or someone posted this already, but I'm reaching a point on my game where I'm just ANNOYED how many times I need to click the inserter, Connect to the logistics network, set the item that the assembler is crafting and pick an amount.

I'd love to see something like this:
1. Right Click an assembler with a crafting recipe
2. Left Click an inserter

IF inserter HAS WIRES connected to it:

3. Set wiring the enabling condition to be less than 1 stack of the item in the assembler

ELSE

3. Connect the inserter to the Logistic Network and set the enabling condition to be less than 1 stack of the item in the assembler.
This is to solve for both connected to wire network and circuit network. I think it's pretty obvious, but I can explain with screen shots if really needed.

I'm leaving this a suggestion for the base game or for a mod. If there's one, PLEASE link it!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Shift Rick Click Assembler -> Shift Left Click Inserter

Post by ssilk »

I admit, that the current way to connect stuff is "wired". :)
But I really cannot say, if this is the right/best way to do it better. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

ssilk wrote:I admit, that the current way to connect stuff is "wired". :)
But I really cannot say, if this is the right/best way to do it better. :)
on_entity_settings_pasted doesn't trigger on those cases.

And maybe this is not the best way to do it, but it's an idea.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

I can't see the reason to mimick the recipe into filter inserter... Actually a common inserter will pick all required items and put the into assembler. Why would you need all these wires? Or is this a way to fill assembler's input buffer to the top instead of 2 cycles? Does that even work?
If you are saying about OUTPUT for an assembler, you can always limit output container (usually passive provider chest) to 1 stack. Wiring is only required if you need 1 output chest for 2 different assemblers which is kinda odd...

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

In my experience, this isn't too much of a problem in the early game. Setting specific amounts on an inserter isn't something I do often, I generally just block the chest slots I don't want filled. Once I have bots flying, I do use this a lot. What I usually do is set up a standard assembly unit blueprint that has some dummy settings in the output inserters that I can change to what I need somewhat easier.

Not sure if this would make sense to be able to copy though, especially if there's a recipe that has multiple output items. Which one is the game supposed to pick then?
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

PacifyerGrey wrote:I can't see the reason to mimick the recipe into filter inserter... Actually a common inserter will pick all required items and put the into assembler. Why would you need all these wires? Or is this a way to fill assembler's input buffer to the top instead of 2 cycles? Does that even work?
If you are saying about OUTPUT for an assembler, you can always limit output container (usually passive provider chest) to 1 stack. Wiring is only required if you need 1 output chest for 2 different assemblers which is kinda odd...
This was supossed to be a Shortcut, nothing else.
Boogieman14 wrote:In my experience, this isn't too much of a problem in the early game. Setting specific amounts on an inserter isn't something I do often, I generally just block the chest slots I don't want filled. Once I have bots flying, I do use this a lot. What I usually do is set up a standard assembly unit blueprint that has some dummy settings in the output inserters that I can change to what I need somewhat easier.

Not sure if this would make sense to be able to copy though, especially if there's a recipe that has multiple output items. Which one is the game supposed to pick then?
Always picks the first one.

I think I'm going to make a mod for this myself.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Ok,

I got tired and frustrad of doing this job OVER and OVER again. Here's a mod that does exactly what I needed, if anyone else wants to use it as well

https://mods.factorio.com/mods/SHiRKiT/ ... e-settings

Nexela
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Nexela »

Nice! This might get added to my list! Such a repetitive pain to have to select the item, then select a number for every machine.

How does it handle recipes with multiple outputs?

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

Nexela wrote:Nice! This might get added to my list! Such a repetitive pain to have to select the item, then select a number for every machine.

How does it handle recipes with multiple outputs?
As simple as possible: picks the first output.

And I'm sure it will bug somehow, specially with fluids outputs. Those errors I'll handle as I've encouter them. I'll need to develop it a bit longer before it's bug free.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”