Does wire color matter?

Adds new train stops forming a highly configurable logistic network.

Moderator: Optera

Serjevski
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Does wire color matter?

Post by Serjevski »

Does it matter which color wire I use to connect the storage and the combinator with LTN signals to the station input (light bulb)? Should it be wires of different colors? For example, if the storage transmits a signal that it has 10k of ore, and the combinator transmits a request for 10k (-10k), then, if the wires are the same, will it turn out that 0 will come to the input?

In example map green wires use to connect boxes to input lamp and the and combinator to input lamp. But can I use red wire instead? Or use red wire wire to connect box and green wire to connect combinator, that sends request signal?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Does wire color matter?

Post by Optera »

My BP mostly use green for reading and red for sending to keep things consistent and easier to find errors.

LTN receives and sends signals on both wires.

Serjevski
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Serjevski »

Should the requesting combinator and the buffer store use the same color wire to connect to the station input? After all, in this case, according to the rules of the logical network of the game, the signals add up? Or is it completely unimportant?

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

For performance it might matter, depending on how get_merged_signals() is implemented.
My guess is that it's not even measurable.

Return to “Logistic Train Network”